Yahoo is one of the best email service providers available in the market. The Yahoo Mail comes with fascinating features that can enhance your emailing experience. This email service is highly secure and safe. When users log in to their Yahoo account, they need to provide the password check by the email service provider to provide the authentication.
The email service provider also keeps an eye on the system and location from which the login attempt has been conducted. With Yahoo two step verification, users can keep their accounts more protected against suspicious attacks and online threats. However, the user needs to enable two-factor authentication to use the service. If you are also using the Yahoo email, and want to enable two-step authentication for your account, keep reading.
Here, we are saying some simple steps that will let you enable the two-step verification for your Yahoo Email account.
Two-step verification for Yahoo email account
The Two step verification Yahoo is also known as two-step authentication. It is a security protocol specially designed to keep the Yahoo email account secure against online threats.
The feature will ask users for two methods to get access to the application or Yahoo Mail. For example: when you use a bank website, you are required to provide more than just a username and password, and you will be asked to check a picture to prove that you are the owner of an account.
The two-step verification helps to add extra security to your Yahoo Email account and keep it protected against online threats.
How to set up Yahoo two step verification on the computer?
If you enable the Yahoo two step verification for your account, you have to provide a code every time when you access the Yahoo email account from an unknown web browser or a new device. Yahoo mail will send you this code through a text message or phone call according to the option you have chosen.
Here are the step by step instructions to set up yahoo two step verification on a computer:
- Sign in to your Yahoo Email account.
- Tap the “User” icon, you can find this icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to the “settings”.
- Choose the “account security” option.
- Provide the sign-in details for confirmation.
- Apart from “yahoo two step verification”, you need to click on the “toggle” button.
- Provide your mobile number and click on the “Send SMS” or “call me” option for the verification code.
- Provide the verification code.
- Hit the “Verify” button.
So, this is how you can enable yahoo two-step verification on your computer. If you are accessing Yahoo mail in a third-party application then you have to click on the “create a passwords” option and choose the ” skip for now” option.
How to enable Yahoo two step verification on mobile devices?
If you want to enable the Yahoo two step verification using a mobile device, you need to proceed with the step-by-step guidelines we have mentioned below. When the user turns on two-step verification for the Yahoo email account, they need to provide the code to complete the login process from an unknown device. Again, this code is sent through a text message or phone call.
- Open the Yahoo email application from the home screen of your smartphone.
- Tap the “User icon”.
- Go to the “settings”.
- Choose the “manage accounts” option.
- Go to the “account info”.
- Click “security settings”.
- Use Yahoo Mail credentials and unlock the phone.
- Tap the button on the “Yahoo two step verification” Section.
- Provide your phone number for the verification code.
So these are some simple guidelines that will let you enable yahoo two-step verification for Yahoo Mail accounts using the smartphone device.
Yahoo account key vs two-step verification: Which is better?
Many users often have confusion about whether to choose a Yahoo account key for two-factor authentication for email protection. Well! If we talk about yahoo account key vs two-step verification, then Yahoo to set authentication is more secure than account key. For example, if your device is lost or stolen, the attacker can easily get access to your account if you have just set a Yahoo account key for security. On the other hand, if you have enabled Yahoo two step verification, your account will remain protected even if your password is compromised. Thus, the two-step verification is more secure than the Yahoo account key.
What to do if yahoo two step verification is not working?
Many times users come with a query that Yahoo two step verification is not working on their device. If you are facing the same trouble, then you might have disabled the two-step verification. In order to enable it on your device, you can follow the simple steps given below:
- Login to “https://login.yahoo.com/account/personalinfo”. Here you need to provide the username and password to log in.
- Once you have successfully signed in, choose the ” Account security” option.
- Provide the login credentials when you ask.
- Go to the “two-step verification”. Hit the ” enable” button. The button turns from Grey to Green.
- Now you will be asked to provide the mobile number, choose the ” send SMS” option to get the access code.
- After that, you need to enter this code and hit the verify button to enable the two-step verification for your yahoo account.
So, these are the steps that will help you to resolve Yahoo’s two-step verification not working error on your device. Make sure that you enter the correct details to avoid any other technical trouble in the process.
We hope that the steps above will let you complete Yahoo’s two-step verification for your computer and smartphone device without any trouble.
The given guidelines are simple and easy to follow. But, if you are still unable to enable 2 step verification for your Yahoo Email account, you can contact the Yahoo support team and get a piece of professional advice.
The experts are available around the clock to help and provide the necessary support you need. Get in touch with the team today, and enable the two-step verification without any trouble.