Yahoo Mail is one of the most prevalent free email services that people worldwide use. Yahoo doesn’t have an outbox folder unless you manually create it. It has other standard folders, like that of Trash, Drafts, Sent, and Inbox.
The two major things that determine whether you have the outbox functionality in your Yahoo account are the platform and device you utilize to access mail. Many people complain of Yahoo mail being stuck in their outboxes.
In this case, the mail is not being sent from the application outbox folder in Yahoo Mail. This problem can be effectively treated with some troubleshooting methods.
What to do on Finding the Yahoo Mail Stuck in Outbox
First, it’s better to understand what is an outbox on yahoo mail. It is an impermanent folder that keeps the outgoing emails if there is any problem in sending the message until they can be transmitted. When the Yahoo mail gets stuck in the outbox, follow these troubleshooting techniques.
Check the network connection.
The very first resolution is to see if your internet connection is working properly or not. Sending emails needs a smooth internet connection. If it is weak or not present, the message will automatically be saved in the Yahoo outbox folder.
Inspect the attachments
Checking attachments is also crucial to resolving this issue. Take note of the following points:
- In Yahoo Mail, the maximum size of the attachment file is 25 MB. If you have sent an email with file attachments that go over 25 MB in size, they will all be kept in the outbox folder. So, check the attachment size.
- If this is the scenario, then delete the email from Outbox Yahoo mail. After you delete it, send it again with the attachments. But ensure that the file size does not exceed 25 MB.
Now inspect and see that you have selected the suitable method to send a message. Clean your Yahoo outbox folder. For doing it, follow the guidelines given in the succeeding portion.
What are the Steps to Deleting a Mail from the Outbox Folder?
There are a couple of methods to delete an email from the Yahoo Mail outbox folder. Follow the stepwise instructions in various ways.
Delete the email from the Yahoo Mail application
It is a straightforward method to delete an email. Follow these steps given below.
- Open the Yahoo Mail application and tap the ‘Menu’ icon that succeeds the option of ‘Outbox.’
- Open that email which you have not sent to the recipient’s email address by clicking on it.
- Now, click the ‘Delete’ icon to delete the mail.
Check the internet connection.
You need a good internet connection not to face the problem of Yahoo email being stuck in your outbox. So, check if your internet connection is secure and robust. If a weak internet connection is the cause of this problem, then use a net connection having a high signal strength. It will surely help you in resolving this problem.
Uninstall and reinstall the mail app on your Android and iOS device
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Yahoo Mail app can also help you troubleshoot the issue of email stuck in outbox Yahoo. Android users should follow these steps.
- Locate the home screen and tap ‘Settings.’ Next, tap the ‘Yahoo Mail’ app.
- Touch the option of ‘Uninstall’ by tapping the ‘OK’ option.
- To install the app, navigate to the Google Play Store. Input Yahoo on the search bar and then touch the ‘Yahoo Mail’ app. Click the ‘Install’ option.
- After the reinstallation completes, add your Yahoo email account.
iOS users can follow the list of steps given below for uninstalling and installing the mail app.
- Search for the ‘Yahoo Mail’ app. Tap and hold it.
- When you find the ‘X’ icon at the screen’s corner, tap it and then touch ‘Delete.’
- After you delete the application from the iOS device, navigate to the App Store.
- After touching the ‘Search’ icon, input ‘Yahoo Mail.’
- After that, tap the ‘Yahoo Mail’ app from the search results list. Then press the option of ‘Install’ by taping the ‘OK’ option. Your Yahoo Mail app will be installed on your iOS device. If you find any issues in implementing the troubleshooting procedure, do not hesitate to contact Yahoo Support.
These were all effective methods to resolve the problem of Yahoo Mail being stuck in the outbox. Inspect your internet connection as you can only send and receive emails when you have a high-speed internet connection. The steps to delete the email from the Yahoo outbox folder is also quite straightforward. You can uninstall and reinstall the mail app on both Android and iOS to fix this problem. Connect with Yahoo Mail customer support if you face any problems.