Are you worried about the security of your Yahoo email account? Well! This is a valid concern. Every person wants to keep their Yahoo account secure and protected. There are many notable security issues associated with the Yahoo email account, thus it is important to take the right steps to fix the Yahoo mail security issues to enjoy the secure mail Yahoo services.
In this post, we are going to share how to secure the Yahoo email account and keep everything safe.
Do you want to know how safe is Yahoo mail, or if Yahoo mail is hacked? Well! Check for the following point and get to know:
- You are not receiving any email on your Yahoo account.
- Yahoo email is sending spam to the contacts.
- The setting and information of your Yahoo mail account are changed.
- Login from the unknown locations on your Yahoo account.
Protect Your Yahoo Account With Strong Password
You must protect the Yahoo email account with a strong password. This is necessary to keep the account protected yahoo cyber attack which is quite common. If you set the simple password, it can be accessed by hackers easily and they can steal sensitive information from your Yahoo email account. Thus, you must create a strong password that includes the characters, numbers, and special characters.
Even if you have set the password, you must upgrade it from time to time from a security perspective.
Here is how to set a strong password:
- Login to the Yahoo account.
- Visit the “Profile” section.
- Click the “Account Info”.
- Hit the “Account Security” option.
- Choose the “Change Password” option.
- Type the new password.
- Once the password is entered, hit the “Continue”.
Update the Account Recovery Information
It is recommended to add the recovery information in your Yahoo Email account like recovery email id and phone number, so if you forgot Yahoo password anytime, or become the victim of a cyber attack on yahoo, you can easily recover the account. This is how you can add the account recovery information on your Yahoo Email:
- Go to the ” account info” section.
- Choose the ” account security” option.
- Here you can see the recovery credentials for your Yahoo Email account. At the account recovery credential in the provided space like phone number and email. Make sure that you enter the correct information.
- If you choose the phone number, you will receive a verification call or SMS for the account verification.
- If you are the email ID for verification, you will receive a link on your email id to verify the email.
Enable two-step verification
The best approach to get rid of security issues with yahoo mail is two-step verification. The two-step verification will allow you to protect your Yahoo Email account from hackers and spammers. Once you enable the yahoo two step verification for your account, you will be supposed to provide the code sent to your registered phone number for signing in next time.
The two-step verification helps to make sure if anyone steals your Yahoo account password, they won’t be able to access the Yahoo account information without entering the verification code.
To enable the two-step verification for Yahoo account, follow the steps below:
- Click the ” account info” section.’
- Go to the ” account security” section.
- Turn on the two-step verification for your Yahoo account. Enter the phone number for verification.
- Select whether you would like to receive the verification code via phone call or text message.
- Once you got the code, enter it and hit the verify button.
The user can also create application-specific passwords for different apps like MS Outlook or iOS as many apps do not support the two-step verification.
Keep eye account history
The Yahoo email account lets the users check account activity. Keeping an eye on account activity will help you to determine if someone has broken into your yahoo account.
- To check the account history, you can click on the ” recent activity” option.
- Here, you can see the list of active sessions appearing at the top; that includes the operating system and web browser.
- Click the lists to check the login details of the past 30 days; this will let you check the IP addresses, the timing of login, and the location from where the login has been done.
Below the activity history, you can also check the applications connected to your Yahoo Email account. Review all the applications carefully, and if you do not need those applications, click on the “Remove” option.
At the bottom, you can check the recent changes made to your Yahoo account. For example, recently added a recovery email address or new password. If you find anything that you do not recognize here, you must update the Yahoo password right away.
This will help you to sign out your Yahoo account from other devices instantly.
Keep your yahoo account protect from phishing attacks
One of the most common Yahoo Mail security issues faced by the user is a phishing attack. With a single click on a fake message, you may end up losing the sensitive information present in your Yahoo Mail account. So, make sure that you do not click on the doubtful emails or links.
The cyberattack on Yahoo or any other email is common nowadays, so you must set a strong password for your Yahoo Mail account.
Additional tips for Yahoo email account security.
Below are some important points that you must keep in your mind to smartly deal with Yahoo Mail security issues and keep your account protected:
- Avoid logging into your Yahoo Mail account using a public computer. Make sure that you signed out before leaving the computer, else, anyone can access your Yahoo Mail account.
- Prefer to use a secure and upgraded version of the web browser on your computer to access the Yahoo Mail account.
- Install trustworthy security software on your system.
- If you are accessing a Yahoo Mail account from a smartphone, use a strong security method like a pin or fingerprint for account protection.
We hope that these simple security guidelines will help you to keep your yahoo account and protect it against hackers and spammers. However, if you are still in doubt about Yahoo account protection, get in touch with the Yahoo support team and get a piece of professional advice for maintaining the high security of your Yahoo account.