Yahoo Mail Notifications Not Working Android? Fix-It Instantly!
Yahoo Mail has been one of the favorite email services of many people. The mail application for both Android and iPhone is quite easy to use. But it also has a very advanced setup. The Yahoo Mail service offers seamless navigation and also certain impressive functionalities.
One of the features in Android-based devices is notification, which allows users to get notified of anything new that occurs in the applications. Usually, the notification feature works well, but sometimes certain issues can crop up. Many users complain of Yahoo mail notifications not working on Android. If you are also encountering this situation, then this article is for you. Keep reading to know the various ways you can fix this situation.
Encounter Your Yahoo Mail Notifications Not Working Android Problem?
When you find your Yahoo notifications not working, you should first check for certain things in your Android mobile phone. These are given below.
- Inspect your internet connection. Make sure that you have an active connection. If you have switched off the internet on your phone, you will not be able to get the notifications for Yahoo Mail.
- Check your Android smartphone to ensure that the mode ‘Do Not Disturb’ or ‘DND’ is not enabled. If by chance, you have enabled this mode, you will not receive notifications on your Yahoo Mail app and any other app on your smartphone. So, ensure that you have disabled the DND mode on your phone.
- Inspect the setting of the ‘Background App Refresh.’ It should be enabled. This setting permits the app to keep running in the background. Ensure that you have turned this option for the Yahoo Mail app.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and then ‘Notifications’ to ensure that every toggle switch is enabled. If the ‘Power Saving’ mode or the low power mode is enabled on your Android mobile phone, you will not receive the Yahoo Mail notification. So, charge your phone and then disable this setting.
- If you implement all the techniques given above but still find that the Yahoo mail notifications not working problem persists, reboot your device. If rebooting also fails, then remove the app from your phone and install it again.
After you have reinstalled the Yahoo Mail app on your Android phone, go through the steps given in the following section of this article.
Turn on the Notifications for Yahoo Mails on Your Device
When people work on their Android phones, they miss essential mail notifications and find them later on. To avoid this problem, you only need to enable notifications. The Yahoo Mail app functionality will alert you immediately when a new mail arrives in your inbox. Not only that, but you’ll also receive all important application update notifications. Thus, you can update the recent version of Yahoo Mail.
For turning on Android notification of your Yahoo Mail, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ of your device.
- Press on ‘Notifications and Apps.’
- Search for Yahoo Mail and click it.
- Next, click the ‘Show notification’ option.
This way, you won’t find yourself complaining about Yahoo mail app notifications not working on your phone. You will get all reminders or pop-ups associated with your Yahoo account on your Android phone.
Enable Notifications in the Yahoo Mail Application
After turning on Android notifications of your Yahoo Mail, you also need to enable the reminders from your mail app. Follow these steps for it.
- Open the Yahoo Mail application on your smartphone and log in to your account if you haven’t logged in.
- After that, press the profile icon present at the top left part of your phone screen. It will enlarge the menu.
- Now on this expanded menu, tap ‘Notifications.’
- On the subsequent screen, you’ll notice several options for customizing the notifications.
- If you desire to get notifications or reminders for everything that happens on your Yahoo Mail app, then choose ‘All messages and features.’ But if you desire to get notifications for specific message categories, then select the option of ‘Just the message categories I choose.’
- You will notice a menu expanding. Toggle the button besides categories like ‘People, Deals, Travel, Package Tracking’ and ‘Reminders.’
- According to your need, enable or disable the toggle button beside the categories that have been mentioned.
When you implement all these steps, you will set up your Yahoo Mail account successfully for receiving notifications on your Android phone. Thus, the issue of the Yahoo Mail Android notifications not working will get resolved.
Some Other Things to Check for Fixing the Yahoo Mail Notifications Not Working Android Problem
You can yourself do certain things to ensure that you don’t face the Yahoo notifications not working problem. Check for the following.
- Inspect your inbox. Sometimes, it may not have adequate space for the newer mails to show up. If your mailbox is already full, likely, the new mails will not show on the top.
- The mails can also be delivered to another folder. It can also be in the spam folder of your inbox. If they are landing there, then they will not pop up.
- Remove all the cookies and cache files. It will facilitate the Yahoo Mail app on your Android phone to operate correctly. If you can still find a solution to this issue, then don’t hesitate to reach out for Yahoo support.
Indeed, users faced with the issue of Yahoo mail notifications not working Android can feel troubled. But the resolutions described above are sure to help you fix this problem. Inspect your internet connection and ensure that the DND mode is not enabled on your phone. Turn the notifications for Yahoo mails on your Android device. After that, turn the notifications for Yahoo mails from its application. Contact the expert Yahoo Mail customer support team if you cannot find a solution for this issue yourself.