How to troubleshoot Yahoo mail for Mac not working?
Launched in 1997, Yahoo mail services are used by millions of active users worldwide. It is considered to be one of the best email service providers in the market. With loyal user engagement, Yahoo has become the most popular and trusted meaning platform. It delivers great performance, however, problems with Yahoo Mail for Mac are quite common to be encountered by users.
If your Yahoo Email is not working on a Mac device, this post can help you to resolve the issue. Here, we will discuss how you can troubleshoot the Yahoo Mail errors and continue using email services without any trouble.
Why My Yahoo mail for Mac is not working?
When an email error occurs on the system while using Yahoo email, it could be because of invalid Yahoo Mail settings for Mac. Incorrect settings will not let you access the account or send an email from Yahoo. Although, there can be many other possible reasons due to which you may not be able to access the Yahoo account.
Below we have shared the list of few most common reasons due to which you get errors on Yahoo mail for Mac devices:
- Internet connectivity issues can be the reason that your Yahoo Mail is not working.
- You may have not updated the Mac Operating System.
- Third-party software installed on your device might be creating interference in the Yahoo function.
- Yahoo account is blocked or security compromise.
- Server down the error.
- Virus or malicious software affecting the performance of Yahoo mail.
- Outdated web browser not letting users access Yahoo mail for Mac computer.
- You may need to update the Mac mails.
Yahoo Mail for Mac not working: Troubleshooting Solutions
1. Check internet connection
It is essential to have a good internet connection to access your Yahoo emails. So, if your Yahoo mail for Mac fails, check the internet connectivity to make sure that your internet is working fine. You need to check and see if your internet for Mac is turned on or not. In case you find it turned off, proceed with the steps below:
- From the System Preferences, tap the ” network” icon.
- Check whether you have turned off the Wi-Fi or not. If your Wi-fi is turned off, click to turn it on.
- Restart your modem and router. Wait for a few minutes.
- Restart the Mac.
Hopefully, this will resolve your error!
2. Download the antivirus program
Sometimes the users are unable to access Yahoo mail services due to viruses and Malware affecting the device performance. If your Yahoo mail for Mac is not working, check your device for online threats. To do this, you can download the antivirus software on your device and scan it. The antivirus program will remove the viruses on Malware affecting your mail performance and make sure that you have the best emailing experience with Yahoo.
3. Update Mac Operating System
There are a number of ways through which you can update the Mac Operating System. You can either check for an update within a system and download it from the Apple official website. Here are the step-by-step instructions you can follow to do so:
- Go to the “Software Update” section
- Choose the ” update now” option.
- From here, you need to check the ” automatically keep my Mac up to date” option.
- Restart your system after an update.
4. Check Yahoo Mail account settings
If you are unable to send or receive emails from certain senders, then you may have accidentally changed the account settings creating trouble. Thus, you need to check the Yahoo Mail settings for Mac and make sure that everything is fine. Here are the important things you need to keep an eye on:
- Spam Folder: Check the security to know whether the email of your account has been marked or not.
- Blocked address: you need to check the blocked address folder to make sure that you have not accidentally added the sender email address here.
- Email Filter: Check the email filters to make sure that the email has been sent into the spam folder.
5. Incorrect server address
If Yahoo Mail for Mac is not working, there could be trouble with the email server address. The server address is the unique address assigned for routing information to the email account. There are multiple ways of using the email server address, and you need to identify whether you have provided the correct server address or not. Here is the step by step instructions you can follow to do so:
- Go to the “Mac” mail.
- Choose “Mail”.
- Go to the “Preferences”.
- Go to ” account information”.
- Choose your account and check whether the account type is set as Yahoo mail or not.
- You need to provide the following mail address:
“For POP3 incoming mail server; ” pop.mail.yahoo.com”( need SSL, Port-995).”
“For IMAP incoming mail server; “imap,mail.yahoo.com” ( need SSL, port-993).”
“For SMTP outgoing mail server; “smtp,mail.yahoo.com” ( need SSL, port 587 or 465).”
6. Restart the Mac Mail
Relaunch the Mac mail to get rid of the error. All you need is to press and hold the (Command + Q) button and it will close your email. Tap on the app icon to relaunch your email.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you to troubleshoot Yahoo mail for Mac problems. Follow the instructions carefully and get rid of the error in the shortest possible time. We hope that the above-mentioned guidelines help you to troubleshoot the error instantly. But, if this does not happen there could be something else wrong with your Yahoo email. In that situation, it is recommended to contact the experts and get a piece of professional advice to fix the problem.
You can contact the Yahoo support team to get professional assistance from highly qualified and experienced engineers available to help anytime you want. The expert support is available 24/7 throughout the year, so call the professionals whenever you want.
If you are not comfortable making a call, you can send an email or share your query through instant messaging to find the most reliable solution to the problem. And once the problem is resolved, you can continue using Yahoo mail services without any hassle.