How to Troubleshoot the Issue of Yahoo Is Not Responding?
Yahoo Mail has for many years been the most preferred email service. It is used by a countless number of people worldwide. Individuals can easily send and receive messages and manage their contacts with this email. But there are some situations when the user finds that Yahoo is not responding. If you are too facing the same problem, then you might need a bit of assistance.
The unresponsiveness of Yahoo Mail can hinder many daily work-related activities. So, it is essential for you to take steps to fix it as soon as possible. Keep reading to know some proven troubleshooting fixes for this problem.
What Problems can Users Face when Yahoo is Not Responding?
An unresponsive Yahoo mail can cause a lot of problems to the user. Some issues that you may face with such a mail are as follows:
- Unable to sign in.
- Missing emails ad contact list.
- Inability to receive and send emails.
- Facing too much spam.
- Encountering issues with software and pop-ups.
What to do when Yahoo Is Not Responding?
There are various ways to make Yahoo responsive again. All of them are very easy to follow. Adhere to the stepwise instruction of every method given below.
Remove cache and cookies.
You must make it a habit to clear your cache and cookies. When they become excessive, it causes the mail service not to respond. To remove cache and cookies and resolve Yahoo not responding issue, follow these steps.
- Open your web browser and then click on the three dots option present on the upper-right part.
- Next, select the ‘Settings’ option.
- Click ‘Advanced.’
- In this option, click ‘http://chrome://settings/clearBrowserData.’
- You will find a clear browsing data box. Tap the checkbox for ‘Cookies and other site data.’
- Click the timing range option. Select the ‘All-time’ option.
- After that, tap the option of correct data.
Reset browser settings
When you restore settings to the default, it can also help you resolve this problem. Do the following.
- Navigate to your web browser and add on the three vertical dots.
- Select the option of ‘Settings.’
- Navigate to your screen’s left side and tap ‘Advanced.’
- Check the list’s last option and tap ‘Reset and clean up.’
- Now select ‘Restore settings’ for restoring the settings to their original defaults. This method can resolve the Yahoo mail not responding issue.
Use the right POP and IMAP settings.
Users wondering why is Yahoo not responding should set time aside whether they have the right IMAP and POP settings. Some actionable measures that you can take include the following
- Try to send an email to yourself and see if it come into your inbox within 5 minutes.
- Check that you are using the right address. Many times a wrong credential will prevent you from sending emails.
- Check your POP and IMAP settings. Incorrect settings can cause you to experience this problem.
- Make sure that you are making use of the new IMAP and POP email app.
- Always use the 2-step verification process.
Check the Yahoo server status.
The server plays a critical role in running any website. The same is true for Yahoo also. If you have implemented all the measures but haven’t found an answer to your query how do I fix Yahoo not responding, chances are that the Yahoo server is down. So, check the server status, and if you find that the server is down in your place, wait till it becomes functional again.
What to do when Yahoo Does Not Respond on Mobile?
When Yahoo does not respond on mobile, it can certainly feel annoying. There are multiple steps by which you can fix this issue. They include the following.
- Inspect the net connection. If it is weak, it will lead to Yahoo com is not responding problem.
- Restart the web browser or ‘force stop’ it. Ensure that all cookies and caches are cleared.
- Navigate to the incognito web browsing. If it doesn’t work out, turn off private browsing. Then permit location services.
- Update your OS. If you are using the app, check for available updates.
- Uninstall the Yahoo mail app. After some time, install it again. Now sign in to your account.
- Restart your phone once and see if the problem is resolved.
There’s no need to panic when you find that Yahoo is not responding. You can implement simple troubleshooting fixes and get rid of this problem. Remove excessive cache and cookies or reset your browser settings. You can also adhere to the series of steps given above to fix this issue on mobile. Also, check if the server status is down in your area. If you still cannot find any solution, connect with the Yahoo support team.