Yahoo is a great option and perfect platform to merge multiple email accounts together. If a user has multiple email accounts, you can combine all of them together and handle the emails of multiple accounts at the same place without opening the other Yahoo Mail account.
When a user signs in to the Yahoo Mail account, the “My Mail App” gets automatically linked to Yahoo after signing in. And, when the user combines a Yahoo Mail account with Gmail, they can do all the Gmail-related work using their Yahoo account.
Along with that, it also helps the users to keep track of their Gmail account activities using their Yahoo Mail inbox. However, if the user tries to compose a new email, or read it, they will be directed to the Yahoo or Gmail official website.
Sometimes, the user faces difficulty while accessing the Gmail account through Yahoo Mail. In such a situation, they can unlink Yahoo account from Gmail and get rid of the trouble. If you have also decided to unlink your yahoo account, the following guide can help you with some simple steps.
How to unlink yahoo from Gmail?
Before you proceed further to unlink Yahoo from Gmail, you must make sure that you are using the upgraded version of Yahoo Mail and Gmail accounts. Also, make sure that your device is connected to an active and stable internet connection, else, you won’t be able to complete the process. Now let’s receive next and find the simple steps to unlink Yahoo Mail account from Gmail.
How to Unlink Yahoo Mail account from Gmail on Android device?
To unlink Yahoo account from Gmail on an Android device, you need to proceed with the step-by-step guidelines mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to open the Gmail application on your Android smartphone or Tablet.
- Now, you will see a Menu bar present on the top left corner ( the three dash icons), tap on it.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the Settings option.
- In the Settings menu, tap your ” Gmail account” that you would like to unlink from Yahoo Mail.
- Go to the ” linked” section, from here, tap on the “Unlink” account.
- You can select email copies you would like to keep. After that, tap on ” unlink”.
When you Unlink Yahoo account from Gmail, you have to choose the “Delete” option or the ” keep existing copies” option for the other messages present in your Gmail account.
If you delete the copies from your Gmail account, the messages will still be available in the inbox of your Yahoo Mail. And, if you choose to keep the copies in your Gmail account, they will stay in the account. If you try to delete or remove them in Gmail, your action will not get reflected in your yahoo account. Once you have successfully unlink your Gmail account, your Gmail will not show you any new email from the Yahoo account anymore.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you to unlink Gmail from Yahoo mail on your Android device. Now, let’s move to the next point and find simple guidelines to unlink Gmail from Yahoo on a computer or laptop.
How to Unlink Yahoo Mail accounts from Gmail on a computer or laptop?
- Turn on your computer. Make sure that you have an active internet connection to access the Gmail account.
- Now, open Gmail on your device.
- Go to the “Settings” menu. You can find the option on the top right corner of the screen.
- After this, click ” accounts and import”.
- From here, you need to choose the ” check mail from another account” option.
- Click the ” unlink” option.
After you “unlink Yahoo account from Gmail”, you can choose to delete or keep the copies of your Yahoo mail messages in your Gmail account. In case you remove the messages from Gmail, you can still see them in your Yahoo Mail inbox. If you like to keep the Gmail copies, they will disappear from your Gmail account. And, if you delete the copy from your Gmail, your action will not be reflected in your Yahoo Mail account. So, proceed with the steps mentioned above and unlink the Yahoo account from Gmail. Just make sure that you follow these steps in the sequence they are mentioned to avoid any technical trouble.
How to Unlink Yahoo Mail account from Gmail on iOS device?
The below-mentioned steps can help you to remove the Yahoo account from Gmail on iPhone or iPad:
- Open the Gmail application on your iOS device.
- Now, tap on the “Three Dash” menu icon present on the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the Settings option.
- From here, you can tap on your Gmail account and proceed further to unlink it.
- Go to the ” general” section.
- Click ” Gmailify>> unlink>> unlink”.
With these simple steps, you can unlink Gmail from yahoo mail on an iOS device. Once you have unlinked the account, Gmail will stop showing you an email message from the other account.
Are you unable to unlink your Yahoo account from Gmail? Get the expert help!
With the help of the above-mentioned steps, you can easily unlink Yahoo accounts from Gmail on your Android, iOS, and computer. But, if you are unable to do so on your own, you can also get expert help from Yahoo professionals.
Many times, users encounter difficulty in unlinking their Yahoo account from Gmail on their own due to technical troubles associated with their account. In such a situation, it is recommended to call the Yahoo support team for help services.
You may have not completed the configuration properly, or incorrectly deleted your Yahoo Mail account due to which you are getting in trouble. Thus, you can simply call the experts and get professional assistance to find the issue and figure out the best possible solution for it.
The professionals are available around the clock to help, so call them any time as per your ease and comfort. Experts are highly reliable, and come up with the best possible solution to fix your issue.