Spell Check on Yahoo Mail and Send Error-Free Emails
No one desires to send emails and find afterward that it’s filled with spelling mistakes. Spelling errors are not only embarrassing but can also change the whole meaning of the message you want to communicate. Yahoo mail is a popular email service that people everywhere use. Although it offers several features to its users, you cannot spell check on Yahoo mail.
Other browsers like Safari, Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox have in-built spell checkers that highlight errors as you type. But how do you fix spelling in Yahoo mail? In this article, you’ll find ways by which you can effectively check spellings before you send mails from your account on Yahoo.
What You Should Know About Spell Check on Yahoo Mail
Although spell check is not included in Yahoo mail, yet the service is consistently developing itself. There is much probability of the spell check feature getting included in this email service in the coming years. However, it doesn’t mean that you cannot check spellings when you compose emails. You can add and activate specific extensions on the various web browsers that will help you to spell check Yahoo mail. In the subsequent sections, you’ll find how to add and activate spell check in different browsers.
How to Check Spellings in Yahoo Mail on Firefox Browser
The Firefox browser checks various spellings automatically. All the words you input in text boxes with more than a single line are checked automatedly. It means that after you end writing a word, it is checked instantly against those in the dictionary installed.
You can enable Yahoo spell check in Firefox by activating a feature in its preferences. It is easy to activate the feature, and you only have to perform the steps once.
- Navigate to the Firefox’ Menu.’ You can find it in the upper-right side of the screen. From here, select ‘Preferences.’
- Now from the ‘General’ settings, go down to the section of ‘Language and Appearance.’
- Tap the checkbox of ‘Check your spelling as you type.’
- The changes you have made in the settings will automatically get saved.
How to Check Spellings in Yahoo Mail on the Google Chrome Browser
Similar to Firefox, you can check spellings when you compose a text on the Chrome browser from Google. Follow these steps to know how to spell check in Yahoo mail on the Chrome browser.
- Navigate to ‘Menu‘ at the top-right part of the browser. Choose ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down the ‘Settings’ screen. Find and select ‘Advanced.’
- In the section of ‘Privacy and security‘, turn on the toggle of ‘Use a web service to help resolve spelling errors.’ The modifications will be automatically saved.
How to Check Spellings in Yahoo Mail on the Safari Browser
Like Chrome and Firefox, you can also check spellings before sending emails on Yahoo on the Safari browser. The spelling setup of this browser is managed from the Safari Edit menu, which is there on the menu bar. Follow these steps to configure the settings to send emails that are devoid of any spelling mistakes.
- On the Safari menu bar, navigate to the option of ‘Edit,’ and choose ‘Spelling and Grammar.’
- Tap’ Check Spelling While Typing.’
- Alternatively, you can also choose ‘Correct Spelling Automatically,’ or ‘Check Grammar With Spelling.’ Thus, with a few easy steps, you can easily find errors in your spelling. If you face any problems configuring the yahoo mail settings, contact a Yahoo Support expert.
How to Check Spellings in Yahoo Mail on the Edge Browser
Now you know that you can easily activate spell check in various browsers. So there is no need to search where is spell check in Yahoo mail. Those who use Microsoft Edge can also add and activate the spell check functionality in their browser. The process for it is quite simple. Follow these steps.
- Open the Edge browser.
- On the top-right part, you will notice a three-dotted button.
- Now from the drop-down, click ‘Settings.’
- After that, click on ‘Languages.’
- Scroll down to the section of ‘Check Spelling.’
- Turn on the toggle of ‘Enable spellcheck.’
That’s it. By following these steps, all those who use Microsoft Edge will be able to correct the spellings of words in their emails easily.
Hopefully, you won’t find any problems doing spell check on Yahoo mail now. All you require to do is add and activate spell check in different browsers. Connect with Yahoo customer support if you want to know more about Yahoo mail service or face any technical issue. You will get all your doubts regarding various aspects of the Yahoo mail service resolved.