If you have Microsoft Outlook, you do not need to login to the web browser every time you check your Yahoo Mail as you can setup Yahoo mail in Outlook and access all your messages from there. Setting up the Yahoo mail in Outlook is a simple task that you can complete following some easy instructions.
Outlook is a desktop email client that allows users to use multiple email applications on a single platform. The configuration of multiple emails makes accessibility easier and also enhances usability. So if you have MS Outlook 365, Outlook 2003, 2007, or 2013 you can proceed with the simple instructions mentioned below and set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook account. To know more, keep reading!
How to set up yahoo mail in outlook?
To setup Yahoo mail in Outlook, first, you need to prepare a Yahoo account to give Outlook permission to get connected. For this, you need to enable the two-step verification on Yahoo. Here is how you can do it:
When the two-step verification is enabled, generate a password
If you have enabled the two-step verification to protect your yahoo account, you need to generate the Yahoo password. Later, you can use the generated password in the place of a sign-in password for Yahoo while configuring the outlook.
Not using two-step verification? Here is what you can do:
If you haven’t protected the Yahoo account using two-step verification, and do not want to enable it later, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Login to the Yahoo Mail account using the correct username and password.
- From the top, you can find the profile name, click on it. Also, choose the “account info”.
- Go to the “account security” section.
- Choose “allow apps that use the less secure sign-in”. When you turn it on, it will turn blue.
After this, your Yahoo mail will be ready to accept the sign-in from Outlook.
Proceed next and see how to set up Yahoo mail in Outlook. If you want to turn off the feature, you can simply turn off the “allow apps that use less secure sign-in” toggle.
Yahoo Mail Setup For MS Outlook 365
To set up Yahoo mail in Outlook 365, you need to follow some simple steps. Below mentioned are the guided instructions that can help you to complete the task efficiently without wasting a single second:
- On your Windows PC, launch MS Outlook.
- Click on the “File” section.
- Tap ” info”.
- Choose the “Add account” option.
Now you are supposed to type the Yahoo mail address to set up Yahoo mail in Outlook. Once entered, hit the “Connect” button.
Important: If your yahoo account supports the two-step verification for security, you need to type the previously generated password. Remember, it is not your Yahoo password.
- Once you have entered the password, Hit the ” Connect” button.
Your Yahoo Mail account set up in Outlook 365 is now completed, and you are all set to access Yahoo messages through Outlook.
Yahoo Mail Setup For MS Outlook 2013
The process to set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2013 is the same as Outlook 2010. Below are the detailed guidelines to complete the task:
- On your Windows PC, launch MS Outlook 2013.
- Click “File” >> ” info”.
- Go to the ” Add account” section.
- Choose the ” Manual setup or additional server types” option.
- Hit the ” next” button.
- Go to the ” server information” section.
- Select ” account type”. From the drop-down list, click the “IMAP” option.
- Now, you have to type the username and mail address in the ” user information” section. Enter the details in their respective fields.
- After this, click on ” service information”. Type “imap.mail.yahoo.com” and “smtp.mail.yahoo.com” in the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server textbox respectively.
- Go to the “login” section where you have to type the username and password if the two-step verification is active. Type the Yahoo mail address as username and application password as the password.
- Go to ” More settings”.
- Choose an ” outgoing server”.
- Choose ” My outgoing server requires authentication) checkbox.
- Click on the tab saying “use the same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Go to the ” advanced” section.
- Choose ” use the following type of encrypted connection” dropdown menu for IMAP (incoming mail server) and SMTP (outgoing mail server). Click on the “SSL” option.
- In the IMAP textbox, type 993.
- In the SMTP text box, type 465.
- Hit the OK button, and then tap on next.
- Click Close.
Here you are done with the process to set up Yahoo mail in Outlook 2013. Now, you can access Yahoo mail in an Outlook account.
Yahoo Mail Setup For MS Outlook 2007
- Open MS Outlook and Go to the “Tools” section.
- Click ” account settings”.
- Click “new”.
- Choose ” Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP”.
- Tap “next”.
- Choose the option to manually configure server settings and hit the ” next” button.
- Choose the ” internet email” option.
- Provide the account details like your name, email address, account type, incoming mail server, outgoing mail server, username, and password,
- After providing the correct details, choose the “More settings” option.
- The “internet email setting popup” will appear.
- Go to the ” advanced” tab and change the POP3 to 995. Change SMTP to 465.
- Click on the ” outgoing server tab”.
- Now, choose ” my outgoing server requires authentication”.
- Choose ” you same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Hit the OK button.
- Once you are done, hit the “next” button.
Here the process to set up Yahoo Mail in Outlook 2007 completes.
Yahoo Mail Setup For MS Outlook 2003
- Open MS Outlook on your PC.
- From tools, click ” account settings”, and go to the email section.
- Click ” new”. After this, choose the ” Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP” option.
- Tap on next.
- Check the option ” manually configure server settings or additional server types”.
- Hit the ” next” button.
- From the listed options, choose ” internet email”. Hit the ” next” button.
- Go to the ” account type” section.
- Choose “IMAP”.
- Provide account details correctly to set up Yahoo mail in Outlook
- Go to the ” More settings” section.
- Go to ” outgoing server”.
- Check the box saying ” my outgoing server requires authentication”.
- Tap ” Use the same settings as the mail server”.
- Go to the “Advanced” section.
- Click on the dropdown menu and choose SSL.
- Type 993 in the IMAP textbox, and 465 in the SMTP text box.
- Get back to the ” internet email settings” section.
- Hit the OK>> next>> finish.
You have now successfully setup Yahoo mail in outlook 2007 and now you can access Yahoo mail through Outlook with no hassle.
With these simple steps, you can set up Yahoo mail in Outlook. The guidelines are simple and easy to follow. But, if you are still having trouble with Yahoo set up in Outlook, contact the Yahoo support team and get professional advice to complete the task successfully.