Forwarding your yahoo mail to Gmail is a very easy task. You need to do this on your computer. Always remember that the Gmail address that you forward to your Yahoo email must not be the alternative email address. You have on-file for the Yahoo account. Follow these simple steps to know how to forward yahoo mail to Gmail. For technical assistance, contact Yahoo support. Experts will help you sort out all your problems in no time.
Ways to forward your yahoo mail to Gmail
There are simple ways in which you can easily forward your Yahoo mail to Gmail.
Allowing Forwarding from Yahoo
- Go to your Yahoo inbox. Visit https://mail.yahoo.com/ in your computer’s web browser. This will redirect you to your Yahoo email inbox if you are signed in your Yahoo account.
- If you have not signed in to your Yahoo account, write your email address and password before moving further.
- Go back to the old version of Yahoo. Unfortunately, the current version of Yahoo’s interface doesn’t have an email forwarding option in the Settings menu. You can go back to the older version that permits you to forward emails, by performing the following steps.
- Hit Settings positioned at the upper-right corner of the page. If you see a purple gear there, then you are already using the old version of Yahoo.
- Tap Switch to classic Mail which is at the bottom-left corner of the menu.
- Click on Switch back to the classic Mail at the bottom of the window.
- Wait for a while till the page reload.
- Choose the “Settings” gear. Put your mouse pointer on this purple gear in the upper-right corner of the inbox to allow a drop-down menu to appear.
- Click on the “Settings” option which is near the top of the drop-down menu. Doing this will open the Settings window.
- Hit Accounts. This option is located on the left side of the Settings window.
- Choose your Yahoo email address. Click on the Yahoo email address that you need to forward to your Gmail. It must be at the top of the Settings window.
- Search down to the “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere” menu. You’ll get this heading at the bottom of the page.
- Go to the “Forward” box. It is beneath the “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere” menu. Doing this will refresh the window.
- Go back to down and write your Gmail email address. You have to type the email address for your Gmail account to which you want to forward all your Yahoo emails into the text box beneath the “Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere” menu.
- Ensure this is not a Gmail account that you have associated with your Yahoo account.
- Hit on the“Verify” option. It is a blue button placed to the right of your Gmail address. This will ask Yahoo to send an approval email to your Gmail address.
- Click on the “Save” option. This option is placed on the bottom-right corner of the window. Doing this will close the Settings window.
- At the moment, you can change back to the current version of Yahoo by hitting the blue one click away from your updated mailbox button on the lower-left side of the Yahoo inbox.
Validate your Gmail address. To do this, perform the given steps.
- Visit your Gmail inbox and sign in if necessary.
- Go to the “Please verify your email address” email that you have received from Yahoo (you may need to check in the Spam folder for this email).
- Click on the click here link in the email.
- Log into Yahoo if asked.
- Hit the blue Verify button that is in the middle of the page.
- Receiving Forwarded Emails in Gmail
- Click on the “Settings” option. It is on the top-right corner of the Gmail inbox page. Doing this will ask a drop-down menu.
- Re-open your Gmail inbox if you have closed it.
- Hit Settings. This option is available in the middle of the drop-down menu. The Settings page will open.
- Click on the “Accounts and Import” tab. It is placed at the top of the Settings page.
- Tap on the “Add a mail account” option. This link is at the right of the “Check mail from other accounts” menu. By clicking this, it will ask a pop-up window to open.
- Write your Yahoo email address. Provide your Yahoo email address in the text box which is in the middle of the pop-up window.
- Click on the “Next” option. It is at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Examine the “Import emails from my other account (POP3)” option. You will get this option near the bottom of the window.
- Hit the“Next’ option.
- Write your Yahoo email password. Enter your Yahoo password into the “Password” text field that is near to the top of the pop-up window.
- Click on the “Add Account” option. It is at the bottom-right corner of the pop-up window.
- If an error is there stating that POP is a paid feature, hit on the “POP Server” drop-down box, then click on pop.mail.yahoo.com in the subsequent drop-down menu. You can then hit on the Add Account again.
- Shut down the pop-up window. Now, both of your Yahoo account and your Gmail account are set up to permit Yahoo emails to be furthered to your Gmail inbox.
- You have to refresh your Gmail inbox (or you can just click Inbox on the left side of the page) before Yahoo emails will appear there.
For technical assistance, dial Yahoo support Phone number where experts will get in touch with you and fix your issue in no time.