How to block spam on yahoo mail?
Are you fed up with getting the annoying spam messages on your Yahoo Email? Well! You can block those messages and get rid of the problem. So, if your Yahoo mailbox is constantly bombarded with unwanted spam emails, read this post and follow simple steps to know how to block spam on yahoo mail. Here, we are sharing every instruction you need to do the task.
Steps to block unwanted spam emails on Yahoo
- Open any preferred web browser on your computer and visit the Yahoo Mail website.
- Login to the Yahoo email account.
- Go to the “Settings” menu.
- Click the “More settings” option from the pop-up.
- Select the ” Security and privacy” option.
- Click the “+Add” button.
- Enter the email address you would like to block.
- Once you enter the email, hit the “Save” button.
So, this is how to stop spam email Yahoo messages on your computer. Once you blocked the email address, you will stop receiving spam emails on your Yahoo Mail account.
How to block spam emails on Yahoo mobile?
If you are receiving the spam emails on the Yahoo Mail application installed on your smartphone device, and want to block it; proceed with the step-by-step instructions mentioned below:
- Open the Yahoo Mail application on your smartphone device.
- Now, tap on the hamburger menu present in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on “Tools”>> on “Filters”.
- Click the “+” icon present at the top right corner.
- After this, you have to select a name for the new filter. Enter the email address in the ” sender” field that you would like to block.
- Once you are done with the steps, hit the ” done” button.
So, this is how to block spam on yahoo mail on a smartphone device. Now you won’t receive any unwanted emails on your Yahoo account.
Block Yahoo spam emails using clean email
If you are receiving spam emails on your yahoo account, you can block those emails with the help of a Clean Email.
Clean Email is an online bulk email organizer that comes with powerful filters and rules that help users to group the emails according to their type. Here is the step by step instructions you can follow to block emails on the Yahoo Mail application using the clean email:
- Visit the “https://app.clean.email”.
- Sign in with your yahoo account.
- Let the clean email access your Yahoo inbox. The clean email will only analyze your metadata; not the actual Yahoo email content.
- Let the clean email analyze the emails.
- Choose the ” sender” and tap on the three dots to see every action you can apply.
- Select ” block” for moving all new and existing emails from sender to trash folder automatically.
So, this is how to block spam on computer yahoo mail using the clean email tool.
How to block the unwanted senders in yahoo main basic?
A user can add the spam email address into the block sender list in Yahoo Mail basic. Here is how to block spam on Yahoo mail basic in some simple steps:
- Tap on the dropdown arrow present next to your Yahoo account name.
- Click ” options” from the drop-down menu.
- Hit the “Go” button.
- Choose ” blocked addresses” in the left pane.
- Enter the email address you would like to block in the ” add an address” text box.
- Click on the Plus sign to add the address.
That’s all! You have successfully blocked the sender and now you won’t receive any spam emails.
We hope that following these simple steps you will get to learn how to block spam on Yahoo Mail. But, here we would like to tell you one thing that blocking is not just enough.
It will be wrong to assume that blocking the spam emails will make your Yahoo account 100% secure. Though, it will help you to block all the senders from whom you do not want to receive the emails. Spammers are skilled enough to find ways to get into the inbox and can be convinced to open the emails. A user can stay safe following the below-mentioned process while using the Yahoo emails:
Do not click without thinking
Though, Yahoo Mail accounts scan for the virus and malware automatically, every time not all the malicious activity needs to get detected. Before you click on any email or attachment, check and think twice. One spam email can infect your system with threatening viruses and malware which can lead you to lose data access.
Keep the personal details to yourself
Sometimes, the scammers trick their targets to disclose sensitive information. For doing this, spam sends innocent emails pretending to be a colleague from work, a relative, or a schoolmate.
These emails may start with just a few lines, but then include fake website links and ask you to provide personal details. If this is the scenario, it is highly recommended to verify the identity of the sender first.
Report the malicious emails
Instead of blocking the malicious emails, you can also report the sender directly to Yahoo and let the Yahoo team investigate and take necessary actions. Report the threatening and abusive emails you receive on your Yahoo account, and the emails that may include inappropriate content. Reporting the email takes a bit more time than blocking the sender, but it can help you to protect your yahoo account.
Hopefully, with the help of the simple steps, you will learn how to block spam on Yahoo mail accounts. The mentioned steps are easy to follow. But, if you are still unable to block the spam emails and receive unwanted emails on your Yahoo account, you need to contact the Yahoo support team.
The Yahoo professionals are available around the clock to provide help services to Yahoo users. Contact the Yahoo support team today and find how you can report or block the spam emails on your Yahoo account. The experts will share easy steps to do the task and make sure you have the best mailing experience with Yahoo.