How to export contacts from Yahoo?
Yahoo Mail is one of the most trusted email service providers at present. The Yahoo mail service is used by millions of users worldwide, and the reason behind it is the features supported by the email.
One such feature is ‘export contacts from yahoo‘ that enables users to export their contacts for backup, or to use them in the other email programs. The export contacts feature is available only for the full-featured email.
If you are a Yahoo email user and want to know how to export Yahoo contacts, this guide can help you. Here, you can find the easy instructions that will let you export the Yahoo contacts to email or another program following some simple steps.
Export Contacts from Yahoo: Detailed Guide
The process of backing up your contact is the same as exporting them. Following are some easy steps that will help you to know how to export contacts from the Yahoo email address book.
- First of all, you need to sign in to your Yahoo Email account.
- Now, go to the ‘Contacts’ tab.
- Click on the ‘ actions’.
- Choose the ‘ export all’ option.
- When you see the export screen showing, you need to click on the ‘ Microsoft Outlook: export now’ option.
- After this, save the export file on your computer.
So this is how to export Yahoo contacts on your computer.
What are the Steps to Export Yahoo Contacts to Gmail?
If you are planning to switch from Yahoo email service to Gmail you get an option to transfer the Yahoo Mail contacts to your Gmail account. Once you are done with the transfer process, you can send the email using any of the accounts anytime you want. This means you can choose either your Yahoo mail address or Gmail address while composing the message, or replying to the existing emails.
Here are the steps that will help you to know how to export Yahoo contacts to Gmail, so you can configure the Yahoo mailbox to forward to your Gmail account.
- Start by logging in to your Yahoo Mail account and your Gmail account for preparing to transfer your address book and messages.
- On your Yahoo Mail account, you need to move the messages that you would like to transfer to your Gmail account. You can either drag and drop the email or move them to the inbox folder.
Note- it is recommended to move the emails to the inbox folder in Yahoo Mail before you proceed with the export process. You cannot export the emails that are in the trash, drafts, and spam folders.
- On your Gmail account, choose the ‘Settings’ option.
- Go to ” see all settings”.
- Click on the ” accounts and import” tab.
- Choose ” import mails and contacts”.
- Type the Yahoo email address.
- Click on the continue button.
- Select your account.
- Type the password, and click on the Next button.
- Choose the ” agree” option for allowing the migration to access your Yahoo Mail contacts, emails, and profile.
- Click on the import option, and select ‘ start import’.
- Hit the ok button to complete the process.
- The account import process will now begin.
Tips to Export Contacts from Yahoo
Here are some tips to export contacts from Yahoo Mail.
- The contact export process may take up to two days before you can see all the contacts on your email account.
- The messages and contacts are not deleted from the Yahoo account when you export them. If you want to remove them, you need to log in to your yahoo account and do it.
- You can stop the export process anytime with the click on the stop option in your Gmail settings.
- If you have a mail subscription, you can also automatically let your Gmail download new messages
These are some simple steps that will help you to export Yahoo Mail contacts to Gmail without trouble. Proceed next and Learn how you can export Yahoo Mail contacts to the computer.
You can also read: setup yahoo email on android
The Process to Export Contacts from Yahoo Mail
To export contacts from yahoo mail, proceed with the guidelines provided below.
- The first and foremost thing is to log in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- After this, navigate to the ” contacts” section.
- Click on the button with 3 dots.
- Choose ‘ export as CSV file option.
- After this, save the CSV file on your computer in the folder of your choice.
How to Export Yahoo Contacts on iPhone?
- If you are all set to export Yahoo contacts to iPhone, you need to install the copy trans contact software on the device.
- Run the software on your system, and connect the iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Click on the ” import contacts” option from the main window, and select the ” from a file” option.
- Navigate to the location where the “CSV” file is saved with Yahoo contacts. Click to open it.
Your Yahoo contacts now can be seen on your iPhone.
These are some easy instructions that can help you to export contacts from Yahoo to Gmail, iPhone, and other accounts. Once you have successfully completed the export process, you can access the contact on your smartphone device, computer, and your Gmail account. Just make sure that you follow the guidelines carefully to avoid any technical trouble in between the process.
The article you may also read: Yahoo Mail not working
Still Unable to Export Yahoo Contacts?
Although the steps above will let you export contacts from your Yahoo account without trouble if you are still finding issues in the process, get professional advice. You can call the experts any time of the day, and take help from the Yahoo support team to find the best possible solution to the problem.
The professionals will guide you in the best possible manner to complete the export process without any hassle. In case you are not comfortable making a call, you can get in touch with the experts using the live chat support, or share your query through an email. The professionals will get back to you as soon as possible and help you with the task.